Sunday 17 August 2008

Playing with Limpets

Over on Maggie's Textiles she talks about playing with an online kaleidoscope tool. Having some (rare) time to myself today, I had intended to get on with some housework but, instead, have found myself engrossed in making kaleidoscopes. When I think of all the hours I spent with the protractor and tracing paper making up circular designs for Elements of Design/City & Guilds etc. and now there's a lovely little online tool which can be used to see what works before spending hours on it plus thousands of other permutations too!

The source for these was a small picture showing a few limpets in a rock pool. Unfortunately, the tool won't pick up pictures from my blog, Stitchin Fingers, Facebook, Photo-Bucket, Image Shack etc. .................. does anybody know of anywhere I can post them (need only be temporarily) so that this little tool can pick them up?







Update - I found a free image hosting site which works so off to have a play with some of my own images!

2 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

Hi! Thanks for your visit and comment on my blog. These kaleidoscope images are wonderful.

MargB said...

Your images are lovely. It is a lot of fun isn't it? Thankyou for your comment and for dropping by. Flickr is where I store my images and you can have various levels of privacy.