Wednesday 13 August 2008

What works and what doesn't?


The machined cords give a nice stability to the piece but joining them where I thought the joins were less likely to be noticed ie. near the folds and hence the weakest points wasn't the brightest move!

My starting point for selecting the fabrics was the navy zips but using Viyella for the pockets and lining wasn't a good idea - it frays and it isn't very stable even with a double layer - I suppose I could have have done some free machining to help stabilise it and/or perhaps even bonded the fabric to help prevent fraying? It's not really a lesson learned as I am aware of this - just need to get my brain in gear!

I don't think I'll be continuing with the decoration and fastenings ............ it'll be sampling!

1 comment:

Digitalgran said...

The colours you have chosen for the purse are lovely and that photo is exceptionally clear. What camera do you use?