Monday 16 March 2009

Flitting About!

Before Christmas I spent some time looking at handbag patterns and bought this glorious piece of fabric with the intention of using it as one of the fabrics in a bag until my teenage daughter made it qute clear that she wouldn't welcome anything I'd made. On reflection, perhaps if I'd been a little more discreet and included a faux "Primark" label then things might have been different!


Anyway, during that trawl I found a free online pattern for a little bird purse/bag which looked fun, if a little basic and I then found Nellie's Needles stuffed bird tutorial (moving away from bags here). Catching up with blog reading the other day, I noticed Jackie's "Tweets" and remembered Nellie's Tutorial in my favourites hence a lesson in how to waste fabric with the placement of pattern pieces to achieve the desired effect and I now have my own little bird ..............



The other side ...................


"Flitty" was great fun to do even though being able to stand unaided required lots and lots of encouragement!

5 comments:

Gina said...

Flitty is gorgeous! Love the colours.

Nellie's Needles said...

Flitty is a wonderful bird! I like the headdress and tail. What did you use for the legs and feet? Shaping and gluing the feet to a shell or piece of drift wood gives my birds a stable foundation. Otherwise, it takes a lot of fiddling around to find the birds balance point.

MyCretanlife said...

Flitty is so cute. Bet your really pleased with him or is it a her?

Chris Daly said...

Awesome, what a cutie!

Digitalgran said...

He's lovely! I also love your padfolio in today's the next post. Pity about your worktop! good thing it was your DH who did it LOL