Saturday 23 January 2010

Cups & Saucers .........

I have a problem and that problem is "If I use it then I'll have no more". Playing, sampling, trialling, designing even is using stuff up - stuff that I might need for "that" future project BUT if I don't play around and use things then that special piece or project is never going to materialise!



Quite a few of my fabric paints (they are mostly about 10 years old now) are drying up especially where the lids have cracked or split ................... so I need to use them!  I have been very brave and used a whole metre of pelmet vilene and a whole metre of painted bondaweb on these.  I had planned to use another metre (the last one) of bondaweb and said to my husband earlier that they may be better with doubling up the vilene too ........... "and" he said.  "well, I won't have any of that left either" .................. "and" he said .................. hmmmm, we'll see ................... .

I'm happy with the "deco" shapes, looking forward to embellishing and, hopefully, catching up with some more blog reading! 

edit - looking at the above photograph, I've just realised that I commented on some blue & white spotty cups of Jackie's this afternoon ................. the "holes" in my blue cup weren't really planned around anything - I just had the soldering iron out for another holey (obscured by the pic) cup still flat to which I intend to add swirls.  Another one of those strange coincidences!
.