Thursday 4 February 2010

Fabric Decisions

I have decided to combine both commercially printed and my own hand dyed fabric in each colour block..  Yesterday was spent adjusting some of them and introducing some new ones using silk and fabric paints to achieve a pleasing palette (it was quicker than overdyeing and I had more control over the result!),  Each colour block will have some home dyed stuff.  Am a bit concerned about the "jade" ............. might leave the piecing of that block until last to see how it fits in.  There is more of a contrast between the blue and turquoise than showing in the photo ............... overall I am quite pleased so far.



Am itching to stitch but need to spend some time working on fabric arrangement - there needs to be more than one layer for reverse applique in places and I might even embellish some of the fabrics before I piece them.  Also need to make and/or colour any trims that I might use in seams.  Included will be a bit of Broderie Anglaise trim as I used for our bridesmaids outfits 30 years ago ...............


Textiles from secondary school included leaves & an apple so they will be there somewhere too.

2 comments:

Chris Gray said...

....starting on an adventure aren't you!...

Have FUN!

x Chris

Michala Gyetvai (Kayla coo) said...

Beautiful rainbow colours!
Looking forward to seeing your wall hanging.