Saturday 27 February 2010

Slow Progress

I have managed to work out (well kind of) how to do the patchwork mentioned in the last post and estimate that I'm going to need about 200 squares of varying sizes for a blind ............
 

I knew it wasn't going to be a 5 minute project but with 20 squares completed in 2 whole days it's going to take longer than I thought,  Does one get quicker with practise I wonder?  I've found that some of the squares haven't worked particularly well but am hoping they'll somehow get "lost" in the finished item and I do like the recycled M&S stripey boxer shorts!
.

3 comments:

Createology said...

I love your blues in these squares. I reread some of your earlier posts and your stitching is beyond beautiful. Gorgeous needlework. Keep creating...

Chris Gray said...

I find that it gets slower the more you go on....if there's a great number to do that is.

I get very bored if things are too much the same....

I admire your determination to make large things!

(My bloke wears the soft knitted fabric M&S underwear...don't think they'd look good in ANY project! ;-)

Mermaid's Purse said...

........... larger things hmmmmmmm. There is a pattern emerging though ....... lots of small components to make things larger!! We have some of the jersey type too and agree that they probably wouldn't recycle well!!