Wednesday 21 April 2010

Something Smaller

A pretty fabric, chosen especially for the dusky pink and cream flowers on black ................ cut into strips and started to work into a coiled fabric bowl.  After working just a couple of inches I realised that there was too much cream and I really didn't like the effect but what to do?  Discard and use a different fabric but then what to do with all the cut strips?  Overdying the strips would fray the fabric a lot hmmmmm ............ carry on .....................


and then dye the finished bowl ..................



to end up with something else to cross off last years list .............



I think that's probably it for this week.  Thankyou for all your lovely comments on my blind.

4 comments:

Createology said...

Your bowl looks wonderful with the yummy fresh fruit in it. Happy creating...

Marit Meredith said...

What a lovely bowl! I have just posted a piece about making these coiled bowl on my blog, and it's lovely to see yours. I wouldn't have thought of after-dying. Great idea if you have iffy fabric to get rid of. You also used much thinner cord than I did, so must try that. Putting fruit in it showed off its uses beyond the decorative. Great stuff!

Rachel said...

You've got a more subtle patterning from overdyeing - although I must admit I'd have felt a bit anxious about dyeing something as structural as a bowl!

Jackie said...

I do admire your perseverance in producing all these lovely finished pieces.