Friday 6 August 2010

The Lilac Project

Another set of Helen's Towers of Flowers from Stitch Magazine.  These are for a friend .............. I hope she likes them .............. they're a bit purple though aren't they?   Not quite the perfect back drop but the lighting was better outside

 


The eyes - well according to opticians it's an age thing but from near perfect eyesight to reading strength about 4 and distance glasses in 6/7 years is a bit of a concern especially as my old reading glasses were ideal for the computer until a couple of weeks ago.  If I need my reading glasses for that then they soon won't be strong enough for stitching ............ I'm finding hand stitching with the precision that I like difficult anyway ................ not to mention threading needles!  The free machined flowers above were a bit "hit and miss" stitching a foundation grid to incorporate the outlines ............ I seem to lose focus frequently.  Opticians just don't understand unlike the lovely ladies who read my blog ........... thankyou for your good wishes everyone!


3 comments:

Gina said...

I can sympathise about the eyes. I struggle with threading needles and I'm hopeless if the light is not good. Your towers look lovely.

Chris Gray said...

Lilac towers are superb Shelley!...lucky friends....

I'm glad you've seen an optician now...and that you at least know what the problem is.

Milk bottle bottoms went out with the ark...so stronger, but still light-weight specs will be fine and do the trick :-)

Rachel said...

Opticians tend not to realise how devoted we get to our work, and how self-critical we can be..