Friday 3 September 2010

More Sun Printing

Yes Rachel, we do need to experiment - Gina has been talking about the same thing. Experimentation is perhaps one of my downfalls as is spontaneity but we can't help who we are can we?  This morning I was thinking how I could use some button-printed fabric when I glanced up and caught sight of my doll .............. that's it ........... a "Button Lady"!  Which reminds me how can she lose her handbag when she's living in a glass cabinet?  Tentative enquiries with the kids still living at home (19 and 23) have met with hilarity at me talking about some doll as if she's a real person .......... well she is isn't she?  I am now on a handbag hunt but it seems nobody wants to join me!



The photos are not very good (wish I knew how to fix the Olympus camera) but I have some lovely clear button prints on cotton .................



and some not all quite so clear prints but glorious colour on silk.  The sun was hot but it was very breezy and the silk was literally drying out before I had any colour on and then again before I was getting the buttons on.  I had to work fast, far much faster than I would usually even think about!


My machine, for the first time, has been playing up this week and just wouldn't stitch nicely so it went off to the repair man for servicing/repair early yesterday morning.  I haven't heard anything yet ............. not sure if that's good or bad and I didn't think to ask how long it was likely to be so am trying to be positive.  Oh my goodness I didn't realise just how much I would miss it even though I don't use it all the time.  There were plenty of other things I could have been doing (Limpets for one) but last night I was so lost I went to bed before 7.30!!
.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Spontaneity can be a bit tricky, I know. But experimentation, and especially when external conditions are against you, is one of the ways to develop it.

I shall be interested to see where you go from here!

Createology said...

Your doll is beautiful. I think your clear button prints on fabric are amazing. Happy creating...

Jackie said...

I am impressed with the button prints. I wish I had time for experimentation.
And the machine...mine was misbehaving and I was going to take it for a service but I just put a new needle in and oiled it and it seemed to do the trick. Its surprising what a difference the needle makes.

Connie said...

Buttons do a really good job. And so do washers if you have any. If not you can get them cheap at the hardware store. Love all the colors!