Saturday 11 September 2010

The Red House

Today we took advantage of the English Heritage open weekend with a visit to the Red House and managed to take a few picks before the batteries died (the spares I took had somehow discharged themselves!).  Anyway, we had a wonderful time and could quite happily have moved in!!!!!

This was probably my favourite room .............. lovely light idea for sewing ........... with the piece of furniture complete with ladder up to the apple store in the eaves and some recently revealed paintings on the walls ........... this is the point where the camera died so I didn't get to photograph them unfortunately.












Sadly, no photographs of the outside or garden then so I've dug out this old pic of design work to remind me of the spent rambling strawberry plants ........ who can think of William Morris without the thought of strawberries?




and, just because I like the texture, the start of a Poppy design that kind of stopped where it did awaiting further development ..................


Edited to add a piccy of the door to the apple store in the eaves.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

How beautiful..the Red House and the poppy work. I had a different idea of 'The Apple Store' until I rethunk.

MeganH said...

What a gorgeous house!!

Mermaid's Purse said...

Yes, it's beautiful ....... I've just added a pic of the door to the apple store in the eaves!