Wednesday 29 September 2010

Sunflowers

Just the thing to brighten up these dreary days.  I've done lots inspired by sunflowers in the past, here's a couple  ............ my first ever box adorned with a stumpwork sunflower .......


Gosh, look at all those french knots worked in one strand ................ that was a long time ago!  The box is 4" square and has a subtly quilted sun inside ........


and shanked buttons for the feet .............



A sunflower inspired tudor style headpiece (one of my C & G pieces) designed to be viewed from afar (drama costume) but here's a close up .............



With so much to do, I'm taking a shortcut with inspiration from this book and coloured up some silk ............

.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Love the sunflower box - that is a fantastic piece of work!

Michala Gyetvai (Kayla coo) said...

Hello,
Lovely vibrant sunflower.
Thank you for your lovely comment and I love my stitching so still having fun.xx

MeganH said...

The sunflower box is just lovely! All those petals, and the tactile middle!