Sunday 23 January 2011

More Bags .................. well kind of!

Having really enjoyed designing and making the bag for my daughter before Christmas, I thought I'd try some more in different fabrics.  Romantic roses ...................





 


Victorian Roses ...................











Then disaster strikes ....................


All done, I was removing the remaining gathering and basting stitches when I noticed a sizable brown patch (rather like gravy browning).  Puzzled, I tentatively rubbed the fabric with a damp towel and it disintegrated before my eyes .............. it was burnt!  I can only imagine that it was during pressing at some stage but when and how I do not know .............. it's odd!  Beyond tears I think ...................
.

3 comments:

Chris Gray said...

...it's underneath a frill...so a well-matched patch should rescue it for personal use I reckon...

Lovely pattern....retro-ish :-)))

MeganH said...

Maybe you could put a patch with your or her initials on the burnt bit. It's near the top rufflers, isn't it, so it's even in a good place for that.

I was going to say - I'd adopt this bag! Preeety! Lucky girl!

jana said...

Just made my first visit to your blog and these bags are wonderful! I have a daughter called Rose and this is the kind of accessory she absolutely adores. I have also seen the more recent version and think it is fab. Well done!