Friday 25 March 2011

Designing another Patchwork Window Blind

Again, using the simple free online Quilt Assistant design tool, a rough plan .........


2nd draft ................


Working Design ..............


Selecting fabrics ........


Starting to stitch ..........


Having only recently completed the pink and green one, I'm finding this tedious.  I don't dislike it but It's lacking that "can't wait to get up in the morning to get started" feeling.  I have oodles of patience but my boredom threshold is low and don't need to say that I will never be making any kind of quilt using just three or four fabrics in repeat patterns.  The variations in fabric and dividing it into working portions of different sized patches and then tonal values is making it bearable.

For months now my head had been full of family stuff.  I want my life back!  I did manage to design a couple of bags this week.  One needs lots of hand stitch so am still contemplating that one, another needs a trip out for a zip and the third, well, not quite sure how that's going but in essence an across body bag that I am hoping a nearly not a teenage daughter will find attractive enough to wear to help prevent bag and contents being stolen on nights (and days) out!

Not very interesting reading I'm afraid ......... all very much the same at the moment!
.

1 comment:

Createology said...

Love the fabrics and colors. Very French Country. Happy stitching...